Maintaining extensions is time consuming and requires a lot of patience. Cleansing and washing your hair properly is imperative to maintaining optimal hair health. Here are the steps I take to clean my hair with a sew-in weave.
- Start by combing through the hair with a wide tooth comb to remove all tangles. If you are wearing a curly weave, then I would use my fingers to detangle.
- I like to prepoo with oil on my scalp if I am going to clarify that day. If you're not a fan of prepooing, you can fill a spray bottle up with diluted shampoo and spray the scalp and hair. Use the method of spraying in between each track to get as close as possible to the scalp. Proceed by spraying the rest of the weave.
- Rinse the shampoo out of the hair using warm water and a wide tooth comb. Make sure that you rinse the scalp thoroughly and removing all the soap from the scalp.
- Apply your favorite conditioner the same way you applied the shampoo, but let the conditioner sit on the hair for a while. * I am crazy about keeping my weave soft and smooth, and one of the ways I do that is with a good conditioner. Your weave will thank you*
- Rinse the conditioner out and let your hair air dry. DO NOT APPLY any oils to the hair weave, and do your best to limit the use of a blow dryer.
Happy healthy hair growing!!!